
On Friday night, I headed downtown to Nana Funks with some new friends; who I simply adore, and I had wonderful time! It is so interesting to see all the cool bars and nightlife offered in Birmingham because even though I grew up here, I was never old enough to see what all B'ham had to offer!!!
At Nana Funks, I ran into a dear old friend from elementary school!! It was such a treat to hear about his life after Oak Mountain! He even moved to Alaska at one point for a couple of years! In addition to running into Jay, I caught up with one of our mutual friends that I knew from Bama, who I originally met in my college Spanish classes! I haven't seen her in years and ironically, she lives just down the street from me!! We have already begun planning a monthly ladies' night event in where we grab a few girlfriends, some cocktails and hit some of the eateries around Birmingham!!
This week I actually starting working on some of the invitations! Cutesy and cocktails, I LOVE those kinds of craft projects and I will use any excuse necessary to run by Hobby Lobby! I am so excited to have the opportunity to reconnect with some of my old friends! So much has happened since high school and college that it is just plain well overdue to reconnect!!!
At Nana Funks, I ran into a dear old friend from elementary school!! It was such a treat to hear about his life after Oak Mountain! He even moved to Alaska at one point for a couple of years! In addition to running into Jay, I caught up with one of our mutual friends that I knew from Bama, who I originally met in my college Spanish classes! I haven't seen her in years and ironically, she lives just down the street from me!! We have already begun planning a monthly ladies' night event in where we grab a few girlfriends, some cocktails and hit some of the eateries around Birmingham!!
This week I actually starting working on some of the invitations! Cutesy and cocktails, I LOVE those kinds of craft projects and I will use any excuse necessary to run by Hobby Lobby! I am so excited to have the opportunity to reconnect with some of my old friends! So much has happened since high school and college that it is just plain well overdue to reconnect!!!


How stinkin adorable are these coozies?!! These will be ordered, monogrammed and given away as cute little parting gifts!!
I absolutley ADORE these and just look at the design, not the writing, I think this is the direction I am going to go in for the first ladies evening out invitation!!

I think this is just a super cute design and talk about easy to make! Piece of cake!!
After a long evening of friends and fun I headed down to Tuscaloosa for the rematch of Florida and Alabama! The game didn't start until 7pm so it gave me some time to hang out with a few friends prior to the game! I watched the Clemson/Miami game and then headed out. My roommate's boyfriend was also in town for the weekend so it was quite a packed apartment with all the extra people over that I didn't want to leave!!! I did eventually pull myself away from the festivities and headed down to Tuscaloosa and I am so glad I did!! This was the first game in forever that just the four of us attended together; just Mom, Dad, Joey and Me! I had so much fun joking with my little brother, trying to secretly mix drinks together and talking about the new careers we both just entered (PS by the way, Joey boy got a raise this week!! I am so proud of all that he has already accomplished!! He is such a rock star!!) Anyways I digress, yeah, we kicked butt...... Alabama 31 - Florida 6! It was well overdue that I got to hang with the little bro!! I miss seeing him so much now that he lives in Atlanta, hummm I think I am due for another visit!!!!
The coin toss....






No comments:
Post a Comment