Thanksgiving this year was just beautiful! Mom had an amazing spread and the table was decorated so cute! I was so happy to have Mom and Dad, Joey and Aimee, and Chase there to celebrate! We had tons of food, laughter and conversation! It was a lovely opportunity to give thanks and remember how truly blessed we all are!! Above are Chase and Joey breaking the wish bone! Chase got the bigger side and got to make a Thanksgiving wish!!
The spread included a lot of delicious food! I made two firsts this year in addition to my normal food. I made my first cheese ball and cheesecake!! They were so pretty I had to take pictures!! I also made homemade mac n cheese, Gran-Gran’s Banana Pudding, The Hall’s blue cheese dip with roasted asparagus, sausage balls and Puppy Chow!! That is just what I cooked!! Mom had Turkey and Dressing with gravy, cranberry slices, potato casserole, deviled eggs, and rolls. YUMMY!!
The night before the Thanksgiving festivities all the kids met at Blackwell’s Tavern and we had a special treat!! Aimee’s cousin performed for us!! He is a very talented musician! It was awesome that a few of the brothers and sisters got to have a little fun before over stuffing our plates and it made for a great evening filled with family, friends, and some good tunes!
After Thanksgiving it is a tradition to put up a tree, the roomie and myself have our tree up at the apartment but I haven’t taken a picture because I need to get a tree topper to match the new ornaments! Below is Chase’s tree!!! He refuses to decorate so in the hopes of possibly spreading just a teensy bit of Christmas spirit in Scrooge’s, I mean Chase’s house; I bought a tree and decorated it for him! Now we just need to get some presents under there!! I think it turned out beautifully!! Happy Holidays everyone!!
No comments:
Post a Comment