Today is Mother's Day so Mr. Biggs and I made the drive down to Birmingham. I got my mom a hydrangea, a new tote, and some jewelry. We met my brother at Two Pesos for lunch and had great conversation just Mom and the kids. Unfortunately, Dad had to fly out this morning to go to St. Louis so he was not able to join the family celebration but I have a sneaking suspicion my mother actually enjoyed just having us all to herself. It was a great afternoon just catching up on what is going on in all of our lives, our careers, Joey's move to Atlanta next month, the furniture that we are giving/keeping/donating, and just life in general. It was a beautiful day so we sat in the sunshine on the patio laughing and enjoying each other's company.I have to say that my mother is an extraordinary woman. She has devoted her life to making ours the best it can be and she truly deserves more than one day of celebration for bringing us into this big world and raising us up into adults. She has sacrificed more for her children than most mothers do and has always put my brother and myself before her own needs and desires. She made choices others wouldn't for their children and for that I will always love and respect the woman she is and who she made me into. She is the most caring and considerate person I know and would give anything she has to anyone in need. She is a compassionate, intelligent, giving Christian woman that I may not always agree with (we like to butt heads occasionally) but will never stop admiring. I love you Mom, you are everything I aspire to be in a mother and I sincerely appreciate what you did and continue to do each and every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment