On Saturday I went to the Rocket City Brewfest! The Brewfest is one of the primary fundraisers for Free the Hops, an all-volunteer non-profit in Alabama. It is the widest selection of craft beer available in North Alabama. A portion of the festival proceeds go towards Free the Hops' efforts to lobby the Alabama Legislature for greater consumer choice over the range of beers widely available in other states and to reform the beer laws of Alabama.It was held at the Historic Depot in downtown Huntsville. There were tents lining the railroad tracks and each tent is a different vendor that serves you a little sample in this tiny glass and I probably tried over 20 different beers. Some were dark and strong, some fruity, some dry and some were just HORRIBLE. I quickly discovered I like lights and pale ales. The worst was Hoegaarden, it was terrible! My favorite was one close to the beginning and I honestly cannot remember what the name was!
This was my first beer festival and honesty it was just nice to get out in Huntsville and do something different. I saw a few friends and made some new ones! Great little Saturday afternoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment