Monday, March 16, 2009

My first Italian Dinner

Michael and I love Carrabbas Restaurant so tonight I decided to save some cash and cook the meal at my new apartment. It took me 2 1/2 hours plus a grocery run(oh how I love love love Publix!)

I made the Italian bread spice mix for dipping the bread, "Pasta Carrabba", & "Spedino Di Mare".

All I can say is that I did a lot of work that turned out really nice but still needs tweaking. Here are some pics below!

Spedino Di Mare (Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes and Crusted Scallops in a Lemon Butter Sauce "Pasta Carrabba" (Fettucini & From Scratch Alfredo Sauce with Baked Basil Chicken)

2 comments:

Sonja said...

WOW! Homemade sauce! Girl, you are doing good! :D That is hard to do. (Unless you use a packet from the store...lol.)

p.s. How did Michael like it? :)

Lauren Benae said...

he liked it, it still needs some tweaking but hey it is homemade! i have never done alfredo sauce before so i am going to give myself a pat on the back for that one! no packets!!!!